Monday, July 6, 2009

Birmingham, Alabama

Today pretty much sucked, lol...I started my day out by delivering a load here in Birmingham. I arrived at US Steel early this morning and found out quickly that they dont allow dogs inside the plant property. A lot of places do this but I usually know about it ahead of time and can tie Jack up in the bunk before arriving. The guard told me that I could tie Jack up outside the gate, and I did. Of course it took me 2 hours to get unloaded, 2 hours that Jack sat in the rain tied to a tree. Once I got unloaded I found one helluva dirty Jackdog. He was filthy muddy and rain soaked. I threw him in the truck and made him sit in the passenger seat on a towel until we got to our Birmingham terminal, about 10 miles away. Once I got there, Jack got a good bathing.

Soon after bathing Jack, I got a load that picked up in Decatur, Ala (90 miles north) that was going to Iowa, a decent load. I got to Decatur and found out that the load was 48,900 lbs. I cant pull 48,900 legally and my company has a strict 48,000 lbs policy that supposedly our shippers are aware of. Worthington Steel wasnt aware of it obviously. So I waited there a few hours only to find out that the load was being cancelled.

So I found a place to park in Decatur and at about 4pm I got a load picking up at our terminal in Birmingham going to Jackson, Michigan. So now I am back in Birmingham, I will leave here in the morning. This load is a 3 stopper, Louisville, somewhere in Ohio, and then to Michigan. Its a light load, 3 industrial air conditioners, no tarp....Rough day, coulda been worse.

Later days

No comments:

Post a Comment