Monday, July 13, 2009

Long Island, NY

Well today was fun, yeehaw, lol...I delivered this morning in Philly as planned and then headed over here to LI. It went good, lots of traffic of course. One of the bridges going into the Bronx had a fire nearby so it was closed which meant that the eastbound traffic all had to use the Whitestone Bridge. BIG TIME eastbound backup!!!! Like 20 miles worth. Because of the backup, I decided to stay out here on LI until tomorrow morning. I wasnt about to get back out and head into the city in that bridge traffic, no way not me, my momma didn raise no fool. So I am going to get up at about 4am and head back into NJ and park at the first service plaza I come to until I get a load. Right now I am parked in Nesconset at the Smith Haven Mall, I am in Dicks parking lot. It nice here, about 70 degrees, a breeze blowing through the windows, nice area.

Later days
Jimmy

2 comments:

  1. Dang Jimmy, that sucks. I'm glat that there are people like you that will go there so i dont have to :-) I used to dread going out on the island for anything. I spent 2 whole days, once, trying to get unloaded at Hofstra University, well 2/3 of the first was trying to get ahold of someone that could guide me in there. After that, i just refused to go east of Jersey. Be safe man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like I-35 tween owatonna and fairbault here, 20 miles of creaping traffic because of construction

    ReplyDelete