Thursday, August 27, 2009

Columbus, Oh

Sorry I havent been around much lately. I had to sign up for a different wireless interne plan with AT&T and I now only have 5gb of wireless internet per month. I was averaging 10gb per month up to now. So now I am trying to cut back until I can figure out just how much 5gb is.

I am in Columbus. I delivered a load from NJ to Dayton this morning and had some truck problems. Actually it was a major problem. Last night at about around 9pm I pulled into the London, Oh TA for fuel and another driver noticed that my rear drive axle was sitting crooked on the frame. Big problem!!! I was only about 50 miles from my delivery so I drove it on to make my delivery. This morning I contacted my company and told them of the problem and they sent me here to the Grove City (Columbus) Peterbilt dealer. There are 2 big U bolts that hold the axle in place and these U bolts have a housing that hold them. That housing is broken and my axle had shifted. Scary stuff considering I had just pulled 47, 640 lbs of steel from NJ through the PA mountains and curves. They had to order the part, it will be in tomorrow and they will hopefully be done in time so I can get a load for the weekend.

The first thing my company asked me is "what did you hit"? I didnt hit shyt!!!! I have never put a sctratch on a truck. When I got to the Pete dealer, I asked them if they could tell that I hadnt hit anything. The 2 guys looking at it said they saw no evidence that I hit anything. I knew I hadnt but was still relieved and was even more relieved when I overheard him telling my people that there was no evidence that I hit anything. So its a warranty thing and wont cost my company so all iz gud, lol

Later
Jimmy

3 comments:

  1. Jimmy, this is Randy"blue" Why did you have to cut down on the at&t deal ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy RandyBlue...when we saw you at the ATT store I was telling you about the rather large bill I was dealing with. The way they handled it, I had to drop my old plan and sign up for an International plan for a month. Well, that did away with my unlimited plan. ATTs new unlimited plan only allows 5gb of internet usage. I was grandfathered into the old unlimited plan that allowed unlimited usage...5gb aint gonna cut it, gonna probably find a new provider.....how are you Randy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im makin it Bro! Matthew is doing real good , Im so proud of him.I wish i was that tough.Still lookin for the right truck, may have to go run with ole Keith Wise until i find what im lookin for . Went out to Dallas for the G.A.T.S . Went all that way and NO !!! I repete NO, peterbilt chicks this year. First the accident, then no peterbilt chicks !!! this year is really starting to suck !!! lol Stay safe out there bro, BLUE

    ReplyDelete