Friday, May 8, 2009

Home!!!!

I am home!!!!! Nine weeks on the road and I am home! I have to say that I am mildly surprised that I made it home tonight. Three things had to happen in order for me to make it home and all three took place very nicely. I awoke yesterday morning in Beaumont, Tx and had to swap loads in Miss, pick up another in Mobile, swap it in Birmingham, and come home. All three went down without a hitch.

I accumulated 9 days off (1 day for every week I was on the road) but I told my company to expect me back Thursday morning, 5 days. I have a lot to do but as usual, I wont get it all done and will start missing the road sometime around Monday. I sit here now in an empty house, the TV is on, Jack is running about, I bought a few groceries. I look forward to breakfast with my friend Allen, lunch with my friend Starla, lunch later this week with my friend Sean, spending time with my family.....and getting back on the road.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy you made it home!!! This is a great page! I'll be back to read about ur activities! : )

    ZT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page works like a charm. Yep. You definitely have a following, lol! I'll be dropping by often. So nice to 'see' you home and chillaxing. Enjoy!!!!

    (Nice colours too! Go Auburn, but I'm a "lock 'em horns" fan - in anticipation of becoming an Austinite, lol!)

    Anna1755

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to read you finally made it home! Have fun catching up with everyone and relaxing a bit. Your page is great and you are so right; you're very good at this blogging and it will keep us all updated and free you from the phone.

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched "Hit the Button Jack" 1-3, LMAO!!!!!! Your Jack looks like our Elsie, and yeah the words I'm gonna kill that dog have come out of my mouth a time or two while chasing her around the house or truck.

    Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jimmy, I am so glad that you got to the House finally. You deserve a few days off after being gone that long. Don't worry, we'll keep you posted on life out here lol.. I disagree with your comment about not being as funny in person..we had a blast with you and jack at the restaurant.. :) Take care buddy..great blog page too..

    Jim and Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jimmy, I have a little insight what its like to be a trucker now, Thanks. I found ya on YouTube and love the vids, Take care and maybe we can cross paths one of these days. Give Jack a scratch for me. John K6LSN
    northbaydxpclub.blogspot.com
    k6lsn.blogspot.com
    k6lsn on YouTube

    ReplyDelete