Thursday, May 21, 2009

Leaving Tulsa, Back to Tulsa

I got a load out of Tulsa delivering in Philly. It was a good load, 2 industrial AC units, 4300 lbs total weight and no tarp. However, somewhere around Columbus, Oh I got a call from my fleet manager asking if I would repower that load in Canton, Oh so that another driver could get home to Philly, no problem. Actually it worked out great, I got a load from Minster, Oh to Laredo, Tx. 1400 miles due monday. 5 coils weighing around 8000 lbs each, tarped. I'll be there sometime this weekend depending on how hard I feel like driving it. I am going to route through Tulsa to get my TWIC card application started. TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)is a money thing that "they" are requiring truckers to get in order to pull loads in and out of ports. It cost 130.00 bucks. Plus I am going to start my passport procedures because as of June 1st, a birth certificate wont get you into Canada, it will require a passport. Soooo, tomorrow morning I will roll into the Tulsa terminal around 8am or so, do all of that, and probably sleep there tomorrow night and get up saturday and start towards Laredo.

I know yall are dying to know....Yes, the bluetooth works marvelously

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I got a friend who I am gonna turn on to that motorokr bluetooth, thanks. Good to see you are stayin busy with the work and the blog and all. Hope the road is good to you. I am so excited about moving I am packed up a week ahead of sched. but ya know somethin always comes up so we will see as I get close to the end of the month and get the place clean and get ready to hand them the keys. Stay cool and say hi to jack! 73

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jimmy
    i have one of those motorola's, if we ever get the chance remind me to tell you a funny story about it and a friend of mine. stay safe man. vic

    ReplyDelete