Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another repower

Man, I have repowered my last 4 loads. Repower, for all of the nontruckers, means to swaps loads with another driver, usually to help get him home or closer to home. Fortunately all of my recent repowers have worked to my advantage. I swapped my Rialto load with a driver from LA and I didnt have to deliver the load in Rialto yesterday morning. He and I just swapped and I brought his load up here to Brigham City, Utah (just north of Salt Lake City, almost to Idaho). So now, tomorrow morning I deliver this load to a high school nearby and then probably sit all weekend here. I must admit, there are worse places to be sitting. There is some beautiful scenery around here and I actually have a very nice view from this Flying J. And of course, the most important thing, a full laptop signal, with 3G!!!!! If I am ever sitting for the weekend somewhere and I dont have a good laptop signal, man that bites. A lot of times I will head closer to the nearest city in hopes of finding a good signal.

Ok, I'm out...just an update
Jimmy

1 comment:

  1. Interesting how terminology varies from country to country, Jimmy. Your "repowers" are our "changeovers" or "quick hitches" - although a "changeover" is more closely related - like PERFECTLY!

    ReplyDelete