Monday, June 1, 2009

Fremont, Cali

I just arrived at my delivery in Fremont, well, I got here about an hour ago. I pulled this load from Tooele, Utah over the weekend. I find myself in a common situation here as I wait to pull in to be unloaded. It seems that I was the 2nd truck here but another drivers feels like he was 2nd. This is a first come first serve kinda thing. I arrived and got in behind the 1st truck like I was supposed to but this other truck pulled in up the road facing the wrong direction. The 1st truck and myself are both saying that I was here before this other guy, who is one of those "mad at the world" types that we see out here so often. The 1st truck has just pulled in and I have jockeyed myself so that I will be next, yayyy me!!!...It may seem like not such a big deal but it is. It takes about an hour to unload and that hour could mean the difference in getting a load out of here today or having to wait until tomorrow, or longer. Not to mention I was here before him. I'd hate to put a man over a knee today, I'm not really in the mood.

The drive out here was a nice one. I saw more dust devils coming across the desert than I have ever seen. They were everywhere I looked. I shot a video of them and was able to turn it into a funny video thanks to my friend Annette, who played the part of the 911 operator when I called to report the "ternaders"...here is the link if you would like to watch it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcKRde5kE24

Ok, well, I need to go remove a few straps before I pull in....Yall hava goodn

2 comments:

  1. Hi, hope everything worked out for you getting unloaded and you got a load right back out. Make all that money! LOL. And yes, I have watched that "ternader" video a few times. It is too funny. Have a great day!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! A VERY funny video! :-)

    ReplyDelete