Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Birmingham, Ala

Howdy yall!!!! Well after I delivered in Irvington, Ala, I then picked up a load of lumber in Cypress, Fla, that was actually this morning. Not a particularly fun day at the shipper. They loaded me, I strapped it down, then before I tarped it I wanted to make sure they didnt load me too heavy, they had a scale at their yard. I was 81,250. I knew I was heavy, I could tell by looking at the tires on the rears. So I had to unstrap the entire load so they could take a bundle off and reaarange the load. Then I had to tarp the load, 2 eight foot drop lumber tarps, 100+ temps, fun fun....Oh yea, I almost forgot, this load is going to Shelbyville, Indiana, just south of Indy....Ok, so I drove today from Cypress, Fla to Birmingham. I would have gone further but the trip up Hwy 231 into Alabama was a tough pull with 48,000lbs of lumber, there are about 794 traffic lights through there and it wore me out, so I stopped here at our Bham terminal. I will take it on up tomorrow.

Later days, thanks for reading

3 comments:

  1. Re: Loading to heavy....do you have 'Load Gauges" on the back of the trailer that tells you how much weight is loaded on "as it is loaded"....Super B's (grain) have that and the driver just has to (load test first - to match readings with weight) watch the air gauge and the driver knows exactly how much weight is loaded onthe trailer)....Hope this helps...Praireskyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just so you know....Great Dane or not,
    your blogs are great to read. They crack me
    up! Scott should try it too!!

    ReplyDelete