Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Lawrenceville, Ga

I had a long day. I arrived at my delivery in Highland Illinois last night, from Reno, at about 10pm for a 7am delivery this morning, first in line to get unloaded. I untarped, unstrapped, and about 20 minutes later I was told that they didnt need this load at this particular plant and wanted me to take it 600 miles to Ga, to their Lawrenceville facility. Thats all good but if they had only told me a few minutes earlier, I wouldnt have had to restrap and retarp it. After arriving there last night, I watched a movie and then decided to turn in. What I didnt realize was that the sounds of the movie had been drowning out the sounds of the German Shepard that was barking across the street at the animal shelter. He was about 50 feet away, he barked all night. At about 3am, another truck pulled in behind me. The 3rd shift told me earlier that the receiving dept opens at 7am, I set my alarm for 645. They obviously opened early because at 645, the driver that had arrive at 3am, bangs on my door and tells me that they told him that I could pull into door 6 or 7. He then pulls around me and quickly pulls into door 6. I pull around and notice that a dropped trailer was in door 7, so I couldnt pull in. He basically jumped in front of me. After listening to a dog bark all night and getting only a couple hours of sleep, I was in NO mood for a prick jumping in front of me especially since I got there the night before so that I could get unloaded first. And I made that very clear to him. After several "choice" words to him, to include "you are exactly whats wrong with trucking today" and many others that I wont repeat, I collected myself and started untarping. You know the rest of the story. Long day. Tomorrow will be better.

Later days
Jimmy

1 comment:

  1. Wow..you opened up both barrels on him... Way to go man. When I try that they just laugh at me cause i'm so little :). Sorry you had a bad day man, it's rough when you are treated with dis respect from your fellow co-workers

    Great Post!!!
    Jim and Jan

    ReplyDelete