Saturday, June 20, 2009

Chicago

Actually I am in Gary, Indiana but close enough. I delivered that load of lumber in Shelbyville, Ind yesterday and got a load picking up Monday up here in Chicago. Joliet actually, but close enough. This load delivers Wednesday in Montgomery, Ala and from there I will be going....where?...Yessss!!!!....HOME!!!! Home in Huntsville, Alabama for a week.

I sit here in this Gary, Indiana TA awaiting the arrival of Jim and Janet of the world famous Keystrucker YouTube channel. They should be here in a few hours. We will visit, eat some good food, and shoot a video or 2. Should be fun, this is the second time we have met. They are great people. Visit their YouTube channel and subscribe...http://www.youtube.com/user/keystrucker

I have been pondering the idea of venturing into a different trucking field. I love flatbedding and will probably do it for a while longer but I have been thinking a lot lately about trying my hand at pulling long and heavy loads. Like really long and really heavy. I would like to try pulling the big windmill blades that are like 160 feet long or the big cylinders that take up both lanes. What an extreme job! I dont see this taking place anytime soon but maybe down the road. I know me, I grow bored very easily. Your average ordinary flatbedding may not be enough to satisfy the extreme inner child of this SillyTrucker forever. I love my current company and have no plans of leaving or even looking any time soon....Just a thought, or maybe just a fantasy.

Later days

1 comment:

  1. I like your blogs! Keep up the good work. Its nice to see where u are. Ohh and how is Jack? I see the producer hasn't been giving him much air time lately..LOL!! Hope all is well with you and Jack.

    Drive safe!
    Nel

    ReplyDelete