Friday, June 12, 2009

Knoxville, Tn

Yawwwwnnnn....Long day man.....I got up this morning early after only a few hours sleep, got loaded at around noon, and drove down here to Knoxville. Good trip, about 550 miles. I was going to go further but I am still about 3 days behind on sleep and I was getting sleepy. No need to risk driving sleepy when I am in no hurry to get to Houston. I left Ambridge Pa, came down 79, cut the corner on 19 down to 77, to 81, to 40.

I had a close call at the shipper. They dont allow dogs at the steel yard that I loaded at. I didnt know this piece of information. Nowhere on my load assignment did it say No Pets. Nowhere at the shipper were there any signs that said No Pets. I was asked when I got there, "do you have anyone else in your truck or any pets?"...I lied....Its a 1700 mile load and I wasnt going to lose it. There are other plants that dont allow dogs and I always just tie Jack up in the bunk. However, today Jack just about messed up. I was very polite with the kid that was working the guard shack at the shipper, he was also the guy that asked if I had a pet in the truck. There were about a dozen trucks waiting in the holding area and he kept walking over there trying to see if and how many trucks were waiting, and writing down truck numbers. Well, Jack saw him walking by and barked....TWICE....the kid looked up at me, I looked back like a deer in headlights, he kept walking and never said a word. After I got loaded, I went back outside the gate, finished strapping and as I was leaving I walked over to the guardshack and said "Hey man, thanks"....I'm pretty sure he knew why I was thanking him.

Knoxville to Baton Rouge tomorrow probably. Thats about 630 miles

Later days

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jimmy, How is the day getting along...Hope you had an easier day today. Love reading your blogs...(and of course I always keep an eye on any new videos) Thank you. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, dude, that was a close one. I can't imagine why they would not want Jack at the shipper. What did Jack ever do to them?

    You're really good at this blogging thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jimmy, don't remember if I asked you but have you checked out Google Analytics for your blog? It gives you all kinds of cool info on graphs and maps about the traffic to your blog. Here is a link that helped me alot. 73 ( Oh, and hello to all the other bloggers, and JACK! hehehe)
    http://andywibbels.com/2007/01/how-to-add-google-analytics-to-your-blogger-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not allow dogs???? What are they, communists? Why, you just give me their names and I'll tell them a thing or two about how we do things here in America. Dogs Rule! Glad it worked out for Jack (and of course you!)
    Annette

    ReplyDelete